Record-Keeping Series Part 3: Keeping Production Data to Improve the Whole Supply Chain – Insights from Experts Across Canada
March 22, 2023, 7:00 PM MT
Your sector is one piece of the puzzle that enables putting beef on the plates of Canadians. The information available from each sector has key implications for others in the industry, yet there are limitations to accessing this data at times.
Join us for a panel discussion and Q&A focused on collecting and sharing data to improve the entire beef supply chain, from seedstock, cow-calf to feeding, and processing to delivery of a high-quality product.
- Virgil Lowe, Granite Cattle Inc.
- Betty-Jo Almond, AgSights
- Bruce Niznik, Alberta beef producer
- Introduction to Farm Record-Keeping (BCRC webpage)
- Record-Keeping Series Part 1: Defining Your Goals – Keeping Records to Make the Best Breeding Decisions for Your Herd (BCRC webinar)
- Record-Keeping Series Part 2: Setting Bulls Up for Success – The Importance of a Bull Soundness Evaluation (BCRC webinar)
- Using Low Tech and High Tech Record Systems to Help Make Chute-Side Decisions (BCRC post)
- Cow-Calf Record-Keeping Course: Animal Health & Performance Pre-Registration (BCRC email series)