Reproductive Failure in the Beef Herd: Causes, Effects and When to Intervene
Reproductive failure can pose a significant threat for cow-calf operations, particularly when an issue affects a large portion of the cow herd such as early pregnancy loss. This panel of veterinarians will share case studies of reproductive wrecks on beef operations and how these operations overcame and solved the problem.
This webinar was held December 2, 2020.
- Dr. Blake Balog, Bow Valley Livestock Health
- Dr. Rob Swackhammer, Upper Grand Veterinary Service
- Dr. Martin Kaatz, Lethbridge Animal Clinic
- 00:00 Welcome comments and agenda
- 03:00 Reproductive failure in the beef herd, Dr. Balog
- 20:00 Optimism Meets Reality in a Southern Ontario Beef Herd, Dr. Swackhammer
- 39:00 High calf mortality in a beef cow-calf operation, Dr. Kaatz
- 55:05 Questions and answer about beef cattle reproduction